9/07/2007

It's The Right thing to do!

I am sharing this with all of you… I am not saying you have to agree with me on my opinions but I am excited the first letter I have ever written to an editor was actually Published 2 working days after I sent it. I am going to copy the letter to here so You can read it. Not only was it Published faster than most according to my Contacts but they added the above title to the letter. I didn’t have a title on the one I sent. I never understood how all-consuming chronic pain could be until I injured my back while serving in the military. Ever since then, my time and energy has been devoted to pain management. Powerful narcotic prescription painkillers leave me feeling like a zombie and often do little to ease the pain. On a trip to Amsterdam after I left the Air Force, I discovered the relief medical marijuana can provide. I’ve since discussed it with my Multiple Medical professionals, and they have agrees medical marijuana could be a far safer, more effective treatment for me than my current regimen. Unfortunately, that decision isn’t between me and my doctor. If I use the medicine he recommends, I could be arrested. I could go to jail. I could lose my beautiful daughter’s. So instead I endure needless pain. Luckily, my state senator, majority leader Joseph Bruno, has an opportunity to help me by taking up the medical marijuana bill recently passed by the Assembly. It’s the right thing to do, and it’s popular: Recent polls in several New York districts show support for medical marijuana laws ranges between 61 and 76 percent, including 55 percent of Conservative Party voters. I implore Sen. Bruno and his colleagues to do the compassionate thing and pass this medical marijuana bill now.

No comments: